There are a great deal of choices available in today's bicycle market. We have endeavoured to make this website as informative as possible to assist you in making the correct starting choice. Remember, choosing the correct bike will save you money in the long run and make the whole experience safer and more enjoyable.
Before coming in to our store you may like to consider a few points. Generally speaking;
- How often do you think you will ride ?
- Where do you think you will ride (ie. asphalt roads, bike paths, bush trails) ?
- Is a comfortable bike your main priority or is a faster sportier ride more important ?
- Do you intend commuting to work on your new bike ?
Please refer to our Glossary section to help you understand some of the bike terminology used within this website.
CHOOSING YOUR NEW BIKE
At Brookvale Bike Factory we stock a large selection of bikes (assembled and on display) to help you choose a bike that will suit your needs. By visiting us in person we can discuss your cycling requirements and objectives and ensure you achieve the best possible outcome with your new bike purchase.
When shopping for a new bike, please consider the following points. By shopping with us in person you will receive:
- Good Advice; that will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Proper Sizing; that will ensure a comfortable, efficient ride because cycling is a bio mechanical exercise.
- Correct Assembly; that will provide you with a safer more reliable bike that will last longer. All our bikes are assembled by an experience mechanic and receive a secondary check over by another mechanic to ensure the highest possible standards of workmanship.
- Comprehensive Handover; that will ensure when you leave our store with your new bike you will have a thorough understanding of how your new bike works.
- Adjustment Servicing; that will be complimentary for three months after purchasing. We take this service seriously as it is an opportunity to make some very necessary adjustments to your bike after the initial settling in period.
AFTER PURCHASING YOUR NEW BIKE
Our bikes are assembled to Australian Standards with a bell and reflectors for safety. We also stock a comprehensive range of high quality accessories and clothes to further enhance your cycling experience.
You may like to consider some basic necessities to purchase with your new bike:
- Bicycle Helmet; is compulsory in NSW. From $59. Lightweight and well ventilated.
- Waterbottle Cage and Bottle; is important to stay hydrated whilst riding. From $24.
- Lightset; is compulsory for evening/early morning rides. From $59. Don't compromise Safety.
- Pump; is needed to maintain correct tyre pressures. From $25. Improves puncture resistance and handling.
- Spares Bag; carries spare tubes, tools, wallets, keys etc. From $35. Varying sizes and shapes.
- Basic Tool Kit; carries out simple road repairs. From $25. Change a tyre or make an adjustment.
- Computer / Speedo; monitors your speed. From $40. Varying functions. Electronically measures speed, distance, time and more.
- Security Lock; is to keep hold of your new bike. From $25. Choice of combination (reset table) or key lock.
- Cycling Clothes; is for riding in comfort. Shorts from $70. Shirts from $60.
SOME USEFUL INFORMATION LINKS
We are open seven days a week to help you with ongoing advice on how to look after and enjoy your new bike. If you can't make it in to see us, here are some useful links below to help you:
WHERE TO RIDE
Please click below to find out some great places to ride: